Wednesday, February 10, 2010

break!

I have been studying for some hours now and I think I deserve a break!

I got an idea of listing my favorite exam types,haha

5. Multiple Choice- This would have been at the top of my list but boy it is not as easy as it looks! Sometimes the choices are so similar that it makes you confused. The teacher would say "Use your best judgment" or "Choose the best answer". But the good thing is, the answer is there. It exists! You just have to look for it. haha. Elimination would help. And if you really don't know what to answer, there's eeny-meeny minie moe method or the C method :D What I usually do is that I read the words and then I'll rely on the one which I "feel" is the best answer. (Nah, does not work) haha

4. Problem solving- i love math but math does not love me. period. I get the processes but there's just something evil about exam questions that would make you say: "WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS?!". The good thing about it though is that even if you did not get the exact answer, the teacher would still give you partial points (which is what I'm always depending on) haha. Hey, you still tried! ;)

3. Essay- This is like problem solving but involves words. Whether you know a lot or a little about the question, you could still make them "lengthy". I think the technique is to make a long introduction and then just plug in the info that you know. Relaxing yourself while writing helps too. And when it asks about your opinion, edi walang tama o mali!

2. Analogy or Compare and Contrast- I don't know why i enjoy answering this type of question. Maybe because when i study, i would write down the comparisons of some ideas. Sometimes the questions would just want to test your common sense.

1. Identification- I love to memorize. haha. So, yeah, i like this. The technique here is to know the keywords of the definition and associate the terms to stuff. For example, the scientific name of sweet potato is Ipomoea batatas. Batatas sounds like patatas which is potato. There! It's easier to remember. Sometimes, if you really don't know the answer, you could "search" the multiple choice questions for some words that might be the answer you're looking for (it works sometimes!)

Okay! I'll go back to nerdville again. bye!


2 comments: