Thursday, July 22, 2010

now that's a great way to appreciate genetics :)

i HATE genetics.

It's one subject that I don't really want to study. I find it super hard because there are so many stuff to analyze and that's my weakest point. I hate analyzing things (maybe that's why I struggled passing my math subjects,haha)

Anyway, our class had a discussion about a genetic abnormality called Klinefelter syndrome. Basically, a person with this disorder has small testicles which fail to produce sperm. Also, they have feminine features like developing breasts and minimal facial hair growth.

I was so interested about it that when I got home, I immediately searched for pictures of what does these people look like. I came across this film about this guy who has Klinefelter syndrome and how does "he/she" deals with "his/her" sexuality.

The film entitled XXY, which is another name for Klinefelter syndrome, got the Critics' Week grand prize at Cannes in '07. It's Argentinian so I have no idea if I'm gonna have the chance to see this.


photo from here

This movie reminded me of Trans America, starred by Felicity Huffman wherein she played a pre-op transexual who had a teenage son. It's a great movie by the way :D



No comments:

Post a Comment