Sunday, January 17, 2010

A day with the dead

Went to the cemetery today. We practically surveyed the dead,haha. I have noticed these lovely mausoleums that has a distinct Gothic style. They're soo pretty. But then I've noticed that there were people residing in it! It was exploited. SAD

When I was doing some math in calculating the ages of these surveyed dead people, i was pretty shocked that most of them died at a range of 70-75. Would that practically mean that at this age range we're susceptible to a gazillion of diseases? So! Since I'm 19, (75-19 = 56) I still have 56 years to live! (WOW ang haba pa pala nun)haha.

I was pretty curious on how these people died, in my data, I also got some teens and a couple of children. What could have happened if they were able to live? Would the world change? Would I be able to meet one of them?

Speaking of meeting a person that died,I would now imagine myself to be Ned from Pushing Daisies a bit :D I think I would like to meet these people:
  • King Tut - being a young king, how was he able to handle all these responsibilities? what really caused his death? what does he look like? (kinda had a crush on him when i was little, hello?! his mask is...handsome)
  • Grace Kelly- aah, Princess Grace.. it would be okay not to talk to her, I'll just stare at her face :D
  • A Victim of the so-called "Spontaneous human combustion" - is it for real, eh?
  • Marie Antoinette- the fashion, the lifestyle, the cake!haha
  • Andres Bonifacio- maybe he would inspire me to love my country more :)
  • Salvador Dali- he made me love surrealism, I think he'll be a nice companion (the mustache says it all)
  • St. Peter- nakasama, nakita, nakausap niya si Jesus!
Lemme have Ned's power pleeaaasee!

Death is scary. But not living is scarier. The ecology exercise made me realize that I'm so blessed to be breathing and walking and doing things that these people who passed away can't now.
A few months back, I really want to vanish. It was a stupid thought. I love life, I love my life right now. I'm in place where I want to be :) Hooray!

So you, cheer up! Live! Dance! Appreciate! Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment